Monday, October 13, 2008

School, Life, and More School

Just as a way of update things are going pretty well here at BYU. It is starting to get cold, and I don't think it is coincidence that I am finally starting to feel homesick. Social life is going well. I am in a really great ward. People are really nice and friendly and I have made lots of friends.

School is going well. I recently took my first exam for my Infection and Immunity class. I received a 93% on the exam. If you are interested the class is all about the immune system and pathogens. The first exam covered receptors (TLRs toll like receptors) and antigen presenting molecules (MHC class I and MHC class II). I have learned a lot about the immune system. I have stopped wondering mom was unlucky enough to get an autoimmune disease, now I wonder why the rest of us don't all have one. The immune system is amazingly complex I am amazed it doesn't freak out on us all the time.

I have two exams this weekend. One in my Tissue Biology course, and the other one in my Marriage Prep course. It would be nice if I can take both of the early on Friday so I don't have to worry about them over the weekend. I will have to let you know how I do on those exams if you are interested.

Oh and in case mom or someone hasn't told you, I have started dating a girl in my ward. Awkwardly enough she is my next door neighbor. Her name is Elizabeth, but she goes by her middle name, Berlin. I will let you know more about her later. By the way Heather already met her. I haven't had time to ask Heather what she thought of her though.

1 comment:

museumeg said...

Congrats! on the good test score. I hope your other tests went well too. What a smarty you are! I'm glad you are dating someone. I'll have to get the scoop from Heather :) Thanks for the update. I love hearing how you are doing!